NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

5 posts in this topic

As the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT is a standard card on the Mac Pro's I'm thinking of picking it up for the Dell GX620.

Any recommendations for which manufacturer is better supported? I see Apple's version is only a few dollars more ... would I have any issues using that? Really don't dual boot ...

As the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT is a standard card on the Mac Pro's I'm thinking of picking it up for the Dell GX620.

Any recommendations for which manufacturer is better supported? I see Apple's version is only a few dollars more ... would I have any issues using that? Really don't dual boot ...

if its going in a regular pc, get a normal PC card so that it works in windows too. also the 7600gt would probably be better if you intend to do any gaming at all, if not a 7300gt will do. just make sure it doesnt have more than 256M of video ram.

This is going into a dell but I don't dual boot. So would the drivers work without modification if I go with the Apple version of the geforce 7600?

If it's not difficult to get full support on third party geforce cards I would rather go with the MSI 7900GT.

Anyone know if this will work and what kext do I need?