Audiophile USB

Stander

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

thinking about buying M-Audio USB keyboard with audio/MIDI device or Audiophile USB.

Will USB audio devices work with Hackintosh ? (10.4.9 on Intel Pentium D, SSE3)

I need both, audio and MIDI to work flawlessly with MAC UB audio applications.

THX!

I've tested both USB and Firewire interfaces with zero problems regarding to their behavior. On my test was M-audio Fast Track USB, that worked right out of the box, Line 6 Toneport KB37, Behringer FCA 202 and RME Fireface 800.

I use a M-Audio Midisport Uno with Logic Express 7.2.2 without any problems.

The Audiophile USB looks interesting at that price point...but every professional musician I have talked to told me to stay away from M-Audio interfaces.

I've been pointed to the Presonus Firebox...all the people I've talked to said the quality on these were good and working with them is more like working with true pro audio equipment then the M-Audio which many of them referred to as toys rather then serious professional equipment.

http://www.presonus.com/firebox.html

I use a M-Audio Midisport Uno with Logic Express 7.2.2 without any problems.

The Audiophile USB looks interesting at that price point...but every professional musician I have talked to told me to stay away from M-Audio interfaces.

I've been pointed to the Presonus Firebox...all the people I've talked to said the quality on these were good and working with them is more like working with true pro audio equipment then the M-Audio which many of them referred to as toys rather then serious professional equipment.

http://www.presonus.com/firebox.html

yeah, but $500 against $250, for that price it should be better...

Any other recommendations ? audio + midi USB interface..

• 4 months later...