Is it Possible to...

Snerler

3 posts in this topic

Is it possible to make my Mac OS partition larger after installing? I tried using Acronis disk director, but that does not work.

Also can I install Vista on my coumputer with OS X and XP to have a triple boot using Acronis?

I don't know about with Acronis. Has it been updated yet to support Vista?

Acronis shouldn't have any trouble with increasing a mac partition, as long as you're in XP.

If you want this triple boot scenario to work, here are two options that MIGHT be viable:

1) Same hard drive: with a current xp installation, create three partitions. I think that vista might need to be the first partition on the drive, but I'm not sure. It doesn't play nice with other os's, aside from xp. Install the os's in the following order: XP, Vista, OSX. OSX should pick up on the windows installations, and you'll have this merry chain booting relationship.

2) Different hard drives: Use at least two hard drives. On one, put XP and Vista. On the other, OSX. When you want to boot into either, select which drive to boot from in your BIOS settings. Not all motherboards support this, however.

Good luck!