Install over previous installation?

guice

3 posts in this topic

I did an OSX 10.4.9 update a bit ago and it got completely buggered up -- lotta errors, etc. I'm wondering if there is a way to reinstall OSX ontop of the current OS? The install disk only gives "Update" option and unfortunately that does not "revert" OSX back to the original 10.4.8.

What happens on boot? no clue. The screen scrolls by so fast I cannot make out what's erroring. When I boot into single user mode, I cannot locate any log files with all the boot errors.

I did manage to write down "unknown SIGSEGV code 0" (like a bazillion times) and caught SIOCPROTOATTACH_IN6: (en0|en1|fx06) error =## a few times there.

I also got nibind segfaults.

System: AMD - previously 10.4.8 that worked flawless.

I'm still investigating what I can find and so forth.

PS: Is there a way to mount this OSX drive in WinXP? That way I can copy off times and do a fresh wipe install. I have a few gigs worth of things I don't want to have to refetch.

yeah i don't think you can downgrade. you're option is to use disk utilities and erase like sivart said. if you have data on that drive you could recover it by installing osx on a different HD then access that other drive and pull your data. goodluck