Got all this schtuff, and I'm still bored...and using windows..

4 posts in this topic

Well after all has been said and done (or bought), I still find myself booting my macs, and firing up Windows to do everything, everyday. I think I just mainly use OSX as sort of a backup system, so that if my sandboxed paralells windows or suse vm's get screwed up (although they are backed up to my nas), I can still just surf on Opera in OSX. Kinda funny really, I spend over 5 grand this year on macs alone (OMG, actually more than I spent on pc's this year, which was only $2500), yet I feel like I really have'nt "gained" anything except 2 more machines, that I still run windows on 99.999% of the time. I' guess I've learned alot tho, considering I started with my HP ZD8k laptop and OSX86 deadmoo, and finally went legit, but for WHAT I constantly ask myself lately. I've got the MacPro that I finally got some good ram for, 2nd 250gig HD, and I hav'nt booted the thing in over a month! I just prefer to use this MBP with paralells for my normal everyday surfing. I boot up my C2D PC and game occasionally (not often, just too burned out after working on the network/servers and users pc's all day). Bought a PSP last Friday, and get more enjoyment out of that than anything it seems. Dam, I'm not mad about the money I spent, after all I could afford it ( paid cash effectively, no way I'm financing a freaking computer that depreciates faster than even a condom...LOL), it's just I feel like this MacPro is going to waste. Should I sell it maybe??? I don't know just putting my rant out there for comment, so come on by and throw some tomatoes at me........ or be constructive and offer me some advise!!! :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

P.S. Am I just burned out??? Does anyone else go thru periods where you buy shiit to make ya happy, and it does for a bit, then you feel like "I'm no hapier than I was before" I've only been in IT for 12 years (Novell and Windows of course), but I feel like it's just getting old sometimes.....AND I"M THE BOSS OF MY IT DEPARTMENT!!! I think i was enjoying the rush of the early hackintosh days, and once I had pretty much done it all and went legit, and bought 2 macs in 6 mos, it just lost the luster.......

:( :pirate2: :unsure:

I've gone through similar siutations, for about a month and a half I was using Vista. Then I got tired of that, erased my bootcamp partition and installed Ubuntu. After a month of use I couldn't put up with it anymore and I'm back in OSX. I think we all just need the Leopard beta to be released so we have something new to play with.

If you're happy with just your MBP, then selling your Mac Pro would probably be a good idea. Might seem like you wasted the money, but you're not getting any more use out of it when it's just sitting somewhere.

Maybe learn some new programming languages? I'm thinking I might start working on that myself. Lately I've just been playing my 360 during the time I had used for "computer related fun".

• 2 weeks later...