Best INTEL board for OSx86

12 posts in this topic

I like INTEL motherboards! Anyone have good experience running OSx86 on an INTEL motherboard? Please share your experience. I have an INtel D865GRH mobo and it works! However, it only has SSE2. The soound works. The NIC works. I have a ATI AIW 2006 card installed, but I only get 1024x768 resolution. I have not tried the onboard video. My guess is that it will not work. I like INTEL mobos for their stability.

Share your experience!

Chuma

After spending many hours in the forum I would suggest an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. Very stable, fast and good board for OSX. Newest chipset, almost everything should work out of box.

+ it's very friendly to overclockers like me ;-)

Can you tell me what card under $100 will work with OSx86?

Thanks!

Chuma

For prices, suggest you use Google.

- you have just been given a link to the Hardware Compatability List for OS X 10.4.8. This will give you a good idea of the working/tested hardware available.

These forums have an excellent search function - use this for any specific questions you may have, not answered by the above HCL, before posting.

After spending many hours in the forum I would suggest an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. Very stable, fast and good board for OSX. Newest chipset, almost everything should work out of box.

+ it's very friendly to overclockers like me ;-)

Exactly what I was going to say.

• 2 years later...
I like INTEL motherboards! Anyone have good experience running OSx86 on an INTEL motherboard? Please share your experience. I have an INtel D865GRH mobo and it works! However, it only has SSE2. The soound works. The NIC works. I have a ATI AIW 2006 card installed, but I only get 1024x768 resolution. I have not tried the onboard video. My guess is that it will not work. I like INTEL mobos for their stability.

Share your experience!

Chuma

Hi Chuma, I have the same board as you, but i can´t install Mac OS.

I tried Leo, Iatkos version 10.5.5.and 10.5.7, its hangs short after it begin to copy the installation files; I tried with MBR and GUID partition table.

I attempted to install Tiger too, with more hopeful results, I used the 10.4.8. JAS disk, this time I have completed the installation process, but when the system reboot I have only a black screen.

My configuration is: MOBO Intel D865GRH, Chip P4 2,26 Mhz Bus 533 SS2 only, RAM 1GB Bus 400, HD 80GB IDE, Video Nvidia 6200 AGP card, DVD ROM Pionner IDE.

Thank in advance for the attention,

Regards

Hawaharlal :graduated: