Why is everyone so interested in editing the install DVD lately?

Guest Ramm

4 posts in this topic

Guest Ramm

I have seen this at least 10 times in the last week. It is perplexing me, it seems everyone wants to edit the install disc. Can someone please explain to me why?

i dont know what the people you read about in those past posts but I know I personally would like ot have a custom install disc without all the {censored} like printer drivers etc, while the remaining kexts were customized so if I did a reinstall say on my dell laptop, the wifi, video, sound, etc would work without screwing around. put the time in to build the custom install without having to waste time later on. but that's just me

I have seen this at least 10 times in the last week. It is perplexing me, it seems everyone wants to edit the install disc. Can someone please explain to me why?

i would bet they either came from windows world and used slipstream to make a custom disc.(really cool) or from the linux world and used makedisc or something like that to build their own custom distro from a base distro.

either way if your a reinstall whore(like me) a custom disc is rather cool to have. ghosting a image is a rather cool way to go too.