time difference between OSX and windows

rze

12 posts in this topic

Hello @all,

Everyone knows the time problem when you have OSX and Windows installed on one computer.

To solve this, i've installed a little windows app that sets the system clock from a time server

at the windows start. That works great.

But because the automatic time synchronisation with a time server in OSX does not work, I'm looking

for a little app or terminal command or something else, that will connect to an internet at the start

of OSX and does this automatically every time I start up.

There must be something doing this, right?

Please tell me what!

Tia..........rze

Same problem here, when i start in windows the time is 2 hours late, if i change it to the correct value and i start MacOS, the time in macos is 2 hours fast. If someone knows a "universal" solution for that it would be nice ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Alex

if its two hours late in windows, and two hours fast in mac

set it one hour fast in mac, therefore in will be only one hour late in windows

you would be splitting the difference

... just joking, but i dont see to have this problem

sorry cannot help

hello,

thanx for the answers. I had to few to laugh the last days ;-)

People, please understand:

If there would be a descent solution in this forum that will set my time correct in windows AND in

MacOS I would never ask.

I've tried all the described solutions(Windows reg edit, set both times to GMT, Automatic Time Synchronisation)

and still my MacOS won't show me the right time.

I thought I would find some Apple Script Pros that could write a little script that will synchronize my time with a timeserver every time I start MacOS. That F*ckin' Time Option Panel in MacOS does this job only after I've opened it manually.

Does't seem so. Excuse me for stealing your time.

rze

Youre not supposed to set both time zones, just OS X. And its not limited to just GMT. Leave Windows alone at the right time and time zone. Set OS X to the time zone until the time displays correctly. Automatic time in OS X CANNOT be checked before setting the correct time in Windows since it will change the motherboard clock. If Windows displays the wrong time after restart then its because OS X automatically set the time to that time zone and youll have to repeat the process.

It will work perfectly fine as long as you:

-Turn off auto time in OSX

-Set the correct time in Windows

-Set ONLY the timezone in OS X until it displays correctly

You cannot change the timezone in Windows since Windows changes the motherboard clock to whatever time is shown. OS X does not change the motherboard clock when changing time zones, only when the hours on the clock controls are changed.

Youre not supposed to set both time zones, just OS X. And its not limited to just GMT. Leave Windows alone at the right time and time zone. Set OS X to the time zone until the time displays correctly. Automatic time in OS X CANNOT be checked before setting the correct time in Windows since it will change the motherboard clock. If Windows displays the wrong time after restart then its because OS X automatically set the time to that time zone and youll have to repeat the process.

It will work perfectly fine as long as you:

-Turn off auto time in OSX

-Set the correct time in Windows

-Set ONLY the timezone in OS X until it displays correctly

You cannot change the timezone in Windows since Windows changes the motherboard clock to whatever time is shown. OS X does not change the motherboard clock when changing time zones, only when the hours on the clock controls are changed.

hello idividebyzero,

I think I will do what you're saying. That should give me in both OS's the correct time.

What I really don't understand is, that there's no freeware software that will automatically set the clock to the current time at system startup. In windows you have plenty of them.

After all, that was my last question for time problems. ;-)

Thx for replying..............rze

After all these replies, this topic still seems interesting for some.

Finally, I found a solution I can live with.

In my Windows installation I use a little program that synchronises every startup with an internet time server.

And in MacOS I set my time zone, so that the time will fit with windows.

Thanx all for your tips.

I've got one last problem with my Hackintosh.

I've got slight Mouse tearing mwith my x800 gto.

I use Mighty mouse, but it's not perfect ;-)

If someone can help iot would be great.

But hey, I know its a Hackintosh and not a boxfresh MacBook Pro .

Greetz........rze

my 2 cents...i used the appletime.exe

1) unrar to windows startup

2) reboot into osx

3) use server service to auto-set time then lock

4) reboot into windows and reset time and/or day

used this method for several weeks now and imo its the best solution