Fans are in constant motion!

renegadeandy

9 posts in this topic

So I have a hackintosh on my ferrari acer 3200 sse2 laptop. Its on mac os x 10.4.8 and its all good. However what isnt good is the fact that the fans run 24/7 on it, they just never ever stop, making battery life poor and general noise of the laptop frustrating.

Any ideas on solving this one?

Thanks

Andy

I have read osx86 users report that they have had over heating problems running oxs86.

If I was you I would boot into Bios (or download an app) and find out if your laptop is over heating.

That maybe why your fans are always running.

On a side note... the cooler your computer the better... so dont turn the fans off with an app. Just turn your music up!!!

Keep on macKIN'

Use CPUthrottle and that speedstep thing.. maybe try try to add IntelCPUpowermanagement.kext into to extensions folder.. try!

=*) If it goes wrong just remove the kexts through single user mode.

Ok so i installed this. It says GetSupportedFrequences: error(-1) in sysctl probaly not loaded CPUThrottle.kext

I did instal 1-4 but not 5 and 6 as i dont have intel cpu.

Is this meant to do something automatically, or is it no use without the above!?

Thanks

Andy

Ok so i installed this. It says GetSupportedFrequences: error(-1) in sysctl probaly not loaded CPUThrottle.kext

I did instal 1-4 but not 5 and 6 as i dont have intel cpu.

Is this meant to do something automatically, or is it no use without the above!?

You need to follow the above link. Seeing as you have an SSE2 AMD CPU you'll first need to update to 10.4.9 with the 8.9.1 kernel, otherwise it will not work.