DS Emulation coming to the Mac soon[hopefully]!

Korrupted

6 posts in this topic

Since there's no current DS emulator for mac, I'm going to try to port DeSmuME, a DS emulator for GNU/Linux and win32. One can already compile it for Mac with x11, but I'm going to try to use a standard Cocoa/Aqua interface so that it has that Mac look and feel. Here's what I have so far[note, this is just the interface. I don't actually have the emulation part implemented yet.]:

Picture_1.png

Good on ya.

well it's a start... although i heard emulation wasn't easy (never tried it myself).

I owned a DS lite a while back (sold it cos I hacked it more than playing games on it)

It'll be nice to play some DS games on a MAC someday tho.

Hope it comes out well ;)

The emulation part is already done for me. I'm just trying to put it all together in a pure Aqua GUI with no extra programs/libraries needed. I just need to link all the drawing to NSOpenGLViews and the right methods to make it all work. It's not too hard of a task.

Nice, I guess.................Though I dont imagine myself playing too many DS games. A Wii emulator on the other hand would rock.

Yeah, go on! I compiled desmume for Mac OS X almost two weeks ago, but it's GTK+ based, so it uses Aqua but you can't manage to see any option, setup or preference. Controls actually work only under X11 environment.

Emulation is working right now, but it's nothing really special. Some games can run pretty well, but many others have problems (Super Mario 64 DS) or don't run at all.

Oh, Dax, I also heard that Desmume team is going to use OpenGL 3D graphic acceleration for many tasks, so it can be useful for us Mac users, because Mac OS X is based on OpenGL.

If you encounter problems compiling it, ask me help ;)

Sherry Haibara