Nothing after bootscreen

manan

20 posts in this topic

Well i installed OS X 10.4.8 on my m/c ... the installatin was raher smooth but when i restart it does nothing after showing the boot screen (the white with grey apple logo) .... sometimes it says after the boot screen to restart at times it says nothing and pc stops responding ... i wen tback to the installation menu and checked the disk the permissions and disk was verified but still im unable to start OS X

any help guys :2cents:

Mac Os X : UNKNOW

Motherboard: UNKNOW

Prossesor: UNKNOW

Memory: UNKNOW

HDD: UNKNOW

Grapics: UNKNOW

Sound: UNKNOW

Dont you think that the solution for your problem it canot be found if you keep that secret?

Mac Os X : 10.4.8 (Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2])

Motherboard: Intel D865GBF

Prossesor: Intel P4

Memory: 512mb ram

HDD: samsung 80gb ide (mac extended journaled on 1 partition of 20gb other is not allocated)

Grapics: nvidia fx 5200 - 256 mb ram

Sound: onboard

sorry didnt keep it a secret actually iv been trying to figure the problem since last nite continuous and am dumb founded by it dso its kinda got my head screwed up ...:)

now any solution ... i erased and re-installed and i left out the ati, amd and language packs, but again everytime i boot it shows me the boot screen of apple logo in grey with white bg thers a small loading kinda animation below the logo (circular) and then goes to the purple screen and it says restart the computer and then when i restart it says the same thing

On installation packages chose ONLY intel related packages, no language support, no printer, no X11, nothing alse than Intel part.
i am sorry but i did not get what u r trying to imply i know tht it selects those by default

well guys the gfx card as a problem can be eliminated coz i tried to start the pc without the gfx card using the onboard option still the same problem :(

It is not chosen by defoult the important staff.

Expand Installer menu before you prass Continue.

on the expanded menu chose the critical for your PC packages.

this it helps:

post-100410-1178969477_thumb.jpg

sorry oracle but from the given screenshot ... screens no. 4 to 13 happen ... and ihave not selected printers, amd xest and ati drivers other than tht ... x11, other hardware etc everything ... but its the last screen thts not coming ... i fail to understand whats going wrong ... theres no error nothing just freezes and tells me to restart thts all

chek ? cudnt understand u sorry

after installation it boots pretty quickly shows me the boot screen and within a minute i get the purple screen then i wait and wait till my hdd light stops blinking and caps lock stops responding

It seems graphics problem.

Screen 12 about "Checking your installation DVD" is not nessasery.

Did you try to use the Onboard Graphics?

(chek from motherbord to set bits from 1 to 8)

dude its working ... thanx a ton ... without the gfx card and bios set to 8 ... it works ...now its difficult for me to remove my gfx card everytime to boot into mac os :) ... btw thanx now 1 step done now next :)

u have no idea how excited i am :) my rep is going high up in my circle ... now is it possible to work my nvidia fx 5200 with mac os x ;)

will upgrading to 10.4.9 help as far as fx 5200 is concerned