AUDIO AND INTERNET HELP FOR EVERYONE!

8 posts in this topic

I just want to let everybody know that with out sound and internet... Mac OS X on your Intel is almost useless... I want to give props to those hard working programmers with the struggle to get hard ware drivers out there for everybody to use, but however for those who cannot wait until this dream becomes a reality, I give you a few easy and completely inexpensive tips on how to get these functions working flawlessly.

Now like you, I tried downloading all of these tricks offered on here and for the most part I ended up screwing up my computer, and so I took a little trip to eBay (the world's largest market place) and did some searches...

for sound I put in the keywords: "mac usb audio" and came up with a title listed as "Better than Griffin iMic: USB OS X & PC audio in/out" Now i guess you could also go for the iMic but i just want to let you know the one I bought was incredibly small (no bigger than a jump drive) and is completely "plug and play" just hooked it up and OS X recognized it in the audio/sound prefrences!

for wireless internet (for use with my router) I put in the keywords: "mac usb wireless" and came up with a title listed as "Airport card adapter Mac Wireless 802.11 B G USB Apple". This one took a little bit of work to install it but after i got it to work... it was smooth sailing, and it is also no bigger than a usb jump drive!

BOTH WERE EXTREMELY CHEAP AND BOTH WORK! IN TOTAL I PAID ABOUT $75 AND WITH THE CURRENT COST OF A POWER BOOK BEEING ABOUT $1300 I WOULD SAY THAT IS AN EXCEPTABLE DIFFERENCE!

I don't mean to cause problems... but i am gonna. I think it takes somebody who is totally nieve, to talk on behalf of others. plus i am an avid computer user of both linux and windows... and am not familiar with Mac at all, and when i came to this site i was not aware of these add ons and i would have chosen these things right after i found out i couldn't adapt my hardware. plus i am currently using a laptop and hate to break it to ya but it is a good option (again i refer to the above statement SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF!)... ALL I WAS TRYING TO DO WAS HELP OTHER NEW COMERS KNOW THERE OPTIONS (mainly ones that i had to learn for myself)... So next time your gonna show your true chauvinistic colors... keep your opinions to your self, PIG!

You want to try a simple search? Type in USB audio.

Yes, I UNDERSTAND that you're trying to help out, but it's nothing that we haven't already tried before. You posted something on the Internet. That gives other people a right to reply to it. Sorry if you don't like that. I'd also stop calling people names before you get banned.

being the hardware list is useless, i'm glad you posted two things that have been tested and work. when i started looking, the two most popular mobo here at insane at the time were not even on the list.

yes, most here do know about the usb workaround but unless you are from the linux world(damn you broadcom! :) )

you have know idea about hardware hell until you start trying to build a hack.

i really don't see how anyone here can switch from windows to mac by building their own.

i'm calling a flag on the play for unnecessary ruffing of the newbie. :P

First of all... i would have to say by the way you responded, i struck a bit of a nerve... second of all, with all forums once the amount of posts goes beyond the amount that fit to a page, it makes it hard to find the post again. There for, if it is not at the top of the list alot of new commers wont see it.

plus you are very naive and chauvinistic. (notice i did not call you a name, just commented on the way you present yourself) and "hate to crush your enthusiasm" but try a search for this: "You posted something on the Internet. That gives other people a right to reply to it. Sorry if you don't like that." so that entitles me to respond as i want (but i am not totally enough of a jerk to swear)

Unfortunately, the manner in which you presented how he presented himself may have struck him as an insult to his character.

Additionally, despite the fact that this is the Internets, when you signed on this forum, you were expected to adhere to certain standards of behavior. Now, whether your behavior is within these bounds is debatable, but just because you can respond as you want elsewhere does not necessarily mean that it will also be welcomed here as well.

[/modfun]

agreed, the way you responded was totally in-appropriate. I saw nothing wrong with what The Shaun wrote, i was actually gonna reply with something much ruder if he hadnt replied first