[Review] WeatherDock

3 posts in this topic

Mashugly, I think this review forum is a great idea. I guess I'll kick it off with a review of one of my favorite weather apps for OS X - WeatherDock.

WeatherDock

Rating: :(:happymac:;):happymac::happymac:

It's a freeware app that you can find here. But although it's freeware, it has a lot of features that commercial apps don't. Oh, and there isn't a universal binary yet, but I'm sure there will be.

The main window comes from up from an icon on the dock that tells you the current condition and the temperature. It's highly customizable - you can make the numbers as big or as little as you'd like.

post-7590-1133284813.png

When you click on the dock icon, this window pops up:

411MainWindow.jpg

It pulls its info from the Weather Channel, so it's accurate. It also has an awesome drop down menu that falls from the menubar.

354FullFeatures.jpg

Although that picture is too cluttered (not mine), you can see the temp in the menubar along with the current conditions. Also, like you can see with the big moon...thing... you can have an icon sitting on your desktop with the current conditions as well, and it can be as big or as small as you'd like.

That's what I think is the best part about WeatherDock - it is really, really customizable! You can tailor it to do as many things as you'd like, or it can virtually disappear. Either way, you're in charge.

Best of all, it's free. :)