Transparent/translucent windows?

Roy Jovero

2 posts in this topic

Hi all. This problem has been kicking my ass for a while and thought that you guys would know what to do.

To make the story short, I was using the Crystal Clear Shapeshifter theme (The one that recreates Aero Glass pretty well) and ever since I stopped using it, some of my windows would go translucent when it's not the active window. For example...

Say I'm using Camino. I then open Entourage and the Camino window goes translucent. Now, sometimes when I click back into Camino, it doesn't become opaque again. I'd have to switch to Finder be using command+tab, then click into Camino again. Please keep in mind that this isn't only with Camino, otherwise I would've just switched back to Firefox.

I thought that turning Shapeshifter off would stop the annoyance, but it didn't. Neither did uninstalling Shapeshifter. I even removed Application Enhancer and it still didn't work.

So does anyone know what else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

It's not shapeshifter that causes the transparency, it's the alpha blending program included with the crystal clear theme package. redownload it or check the blog again and you should be able to find out how to remove it all.