Noob posting results HP/Compaq NC8430

JammerML

5 posts in this topic

Greetings and felicitations!!!

I am a noob around these parts, and wanted to say hi, and post my OSx86 install results on a HP/Compaq NC8430.

Using the 10.4.6 image, I was able to install very smoothly (Only turning off the dual core in the bios). I have two pieces of hardware still giving me fits ( Soundmax, and Intel 3945 A/B/G), but I am working on getting those ironed out as we speak.

Anyway, I am glad to be here, and hope to be able to contribute to the community. I am a systems analyst for a large healthcare organization based in Louisville, KY USA, so I know a bit about development and such :) ...

Greetings and felicitations!!!

I am a noob around these parts, and wanted to say hi, and post my OSx86 install results on a HP/Compaq NC8430.

Using the 10.4.6 image, I was able to install very smoothly (Only turning off the dual core in the bios). I have two pieces of hardware still giving me fits ( Soundmax, and Intel 3945 A/B/G), but I am working on getting those ironed out as we speak.

Anyway, I am glad to be here, and hope to be able to contribute to the community. I am a systems analyst for a large healthcare organization based in Louisville, KY USA, so I know a bit about development and such :rolleyes: ...

Don't mind trying to keep results for the NC8430 in this thread Thread over NC8430 do you? I just noticed many people are posting for this laptop and I think it would be good to keep it all in one thread..

Thanks,

TVO