• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
hougtimo

Really slow internet / download speeds in OS X

4 posts in this topic

Well I've had OS X 10.4.8 running pretty well for a couple of days now.

I have one problem though...my internet and download speeds are rubbish, making browsing the internet not fun.

I have a wireless lan card (intellinet) which uses the atheros chipset. I got it working by using the modified IO80211family.kext which seemed to work pretty good. But everytime I do a download i never get speeds more than 20Kilobytes per second. I should be getting <93. In windows I get my full download speed just fine, but I don't in osx.

I have asked several people, and they claim im making it all up coz osx is brilliant etc.... i do like osx, and im not trying to bash it. I just want a resolution to this problem.

thanks\

HougTimo

oK people, i have managed to resolve this issue.

to anyone who is having slow internet in osx86 - disable IPv6, then restart and you will have your full internet speeds back!

thanks\

HougTimo