Trouble burning DVDs

sigmaris

3 posts in this topic

I can't burn anything to DVD via Finder, Disk Utility or the third-party Burn utility from http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/. They all complain about the disc in the drive not being suitable; it seems to think the disc is not writable when a DVD-R is inserted.

I heard there was a program called PatchBurn that solved this problem, so I downloaded and ran it but it hasn't fixed anything. I know that the drive (sort of) works under OSX because i have tried Roxio Toast and it burns OK. Also, I remember having this problem before, solving it by installing Burn and rebooting, but the upgrade to 10.4.9 seems to have brought it back and none of the previous fixes work.

My DVD recorder (_NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A) is shown in the System Profiler as:

Firmware Revision: 2.15

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Vendor Supported)

Profile Path: /Library/DiscRecording/DeviceProfiles/PatchBurn-_necdvd_rwnd2510a.drprofile

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes

Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media:

Media Type: DVD-ROM

Blank: Yes

Erasable: No

Overwritable: Yes

Appendable: Yes

same problem here...

where id you find batch burn ?

I can't burn anything to DVD via Finder, Disk Utility or the third-party Burn utility from http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/. They all complain about the disc in the drive not being suitable; it seems to think the disc is not writable when a DVD-R is inserted.

I heard there was a program called PatchBurn that solved this problem, so I downloaded and ran it but it hasn't fixed anything. I know that the drive (sort of) works under OSX because i have tried Roxio Toast and it burns OK. Also, I remember having this problem before, solving it by installing Burn and rebooting, but the upgrade to 10.4.9 seems to have brought it back and none of the previous fixes work.

My DVD recorder (_NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A) is shown in the System Profiler as:

Firmware Revision: 2.15

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Vendor Supported)

Profile Path: /Library/DiscRecording/DeviceProfiles/PatchBurn-_necdvd_rwnd2510a.drprofile

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes

Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media:

Media Type: DVD-ROM

Blank: Yes

Erasable: No

Overwritable: Yes