6 posts in this topic

I'm going to be buying a new computer from MDG Canada. My Dimension 1100 is a low-end computer and I'm finally in the budget for a high-end computer system. They currently have 3 PCs to choose from on their site, two of which are the canditates. They are the Apton 3500XD and the Evolution 1000xd (Steath Brand).

The Apton seems like a great system. It comes with a 20" widescreen LCD monitor for free, but it doesn't specify the graphics card included. So I'm not sure if I'm getting some {censored} intel chip or a good nVidia/ATI card. The evolution system, appears to be their best gaming and graphics system (Which I intend to run OSx86 and Vista Ultimate), has a optional 19" LCD (Which I don't mind paying for), but the system case, just looks to big for my desktop. I mean, I'm not sure if it's just the cool design that makes it look huge, as I don't want to loose half my desk.

Since the x1900 graphics card isn't directx 10, will it really affect Aero performace on this system? My Geforce fx 5500 runs Aero fine on my current system, but I'm hoping to get some games running on Vista. But with that 500GB HD, maybe I'll just allocate XP on it aswell, and Ubuntu too.

--

Oh, and yes, I know for a fact there would be people saying my next computer should be a Mac, and I agree. But currently I can afford a new Mac, so I'm getting higher-end PC.

http://www.mdgdirect.ca/desktops.asp (Middle, Right)

As a Canadian citizen (well..actually Indian by birth) myself, I have to say...avoid MDG. Its hopeless. My friend bought one, and the PC failed in under 4 months due to a PSU shortout. Its pretty sad considering their slogan is "Get the MDG Advantage", but MDG is {censored} in general, avoid it, and save yourself the money later.

Build your own!

I agree Alessandro17.

You r goint to have "More PC for your money" and quarantie (most pc s 1 year) is depended to each individual part.

(or ...get a Mac)