Screen Alignment Problem

Xeijin

5 posts in this topic

Hey All,

FINALLY got everything working with the PPF Patched tubgirl 10.4.9 and happy to report that its working correctly ;)

However I do have a slightly annoying problem. After getting castillo and everything sorted, I booted into Mac and the screen was out of alignment (i.e. it was cut off, what you often see with CRT monitors and you have to move the picture back in place with the controls on the front of the monitor) this is an LCD monitor, but connects via. VGA only.

Anyway there's a button called 'Auto' which does the alignment automatically so I hit that and it was aligned properly and working great.

I then booted back into windows xp, and now Windows XP was misaligned by exactly the same amount but in the opposite direction.

I'm sure there's a program or something for Mac that will let me manually align the screen from within the OS to offset the misalignment so that I don't need to use the 'Auto' button and XP retains its normal alignment. If an experienced mac user could point me in the right direction I'd be very greatful :)

A few stats:

Castillo Build 006

Koverg 0.2 Patch

Tubgirl 10.4.8 (PPF Patched to 10.4.9)

TIA,

Let me extend that question please. I can't seem to get a 85 Hertz refresh rate when running at 1152x870 resolution. Only 75Hz is selectable in the drop down list. At any other resolution (higher or lower) I get multiple refresh rate choices. Any solution to this?

Running 10.4.8, GeForce 7600GS (PCIe) with the default Titan driver.

I've got same problem before in Linux. It's just a question of drivers. When you get same refresh rate and color mode - you will have same alignement.

Well the max refresh rate for my monitor is 60Hz which I assume is the default for most monitors. It used to be fine the last time I installed OS X and callisto etc.

@bonk13: Best not to hijack this thread as you have an nvidia card, and your question isn't really relevant to mine. Try making a new topic.