Steve Jobs secretly best payed CEO?

3 posts in this topic

Steve Jobs was the top-paid US CEO last year, receiving some $ 646 million. Just $ 645.999.999,- more then the so called 1 dollar salary......

Read the full article here: http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/jobs-to...8390187148.html

Even though Jobs was paid a nominal one-dollar salary, the value of his stock options and other benefits made him the highest compensated CEO, the magazine said

Forbes, in releasing its survey late Thursday, said the CEOs of America's 500 biggest companies got a collective 38 per cent pay raise last year, to $US7.5 billion, or an average $US15.2 million.

So the one dollar is just a cheap trick to give the consumer the idea of a CEO who doesn't care about making piles of money and to avoid paying taxes.

In the end I find it ridiculous that the Apple work-force have difficulty getting a raise of 1 or 2 % and Jobs and his friends get 38.

Still I love Apple :)

On a side note: The troubled Dell company gave their CEO a reasonable salary..... :(

Michael Dell, who retook the reins at Dell Computer, was sixth with a compensation package worth $US153 million.

Secretly paid? Do you really think people's going to think 1 dollar is the only thing he gets because somebody said so? I don't know if Apple even states this themselves.

Apple publicy advertise whatever they give to Steve Jobs. It has never been a secret that his stock-options + bonus make him rich.

Thus Apple is not the only company Steve Jobs earns money from. Remember that he's also the biggest shareholder of Disney.