Freeze on restart

YureZzZ

6 posts in this topic

Hackintosh system JaS 10.4.8 freezing when I click reboot. Just switch to blue screen with spinning thing on it. And waits forever...

If I click shutdown - it works.

My Specs:

Motherboard: MSI (nForce4 SLI)

RAM: 2 x 512Mb DDR (400MHz)

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3200+ (SSE3) (Venice)

Hard-disk drive used: Samsung IDE 20Gb

Video device: ATI Radeon X300 256MB PCIE (still some garbage on screen)

I think its a problem with MSI boards as I have exactly the same problem. Shutdown works fine, restart just freezes.

I don't think there's much you can do about it, Its not exactly a critical problem though I mean to workaround it all you do is Shutdown, then hit the power button...

How can make reboot button work as shutdown? some programs after install have reboot button, so I want it to be a shutdown. thats better than freeze.

2 x e i j i n - How do you make SATA disks to work? My OS cant see it at all.

And which drivers you use to make you ATI works? Origato :-)

I'm using Callisto (b006 but try all of them to see which one works for you), along with the Koverg 0.2 patch. This gives mouse tearing so I'm using Mighty Mouse to get rid of most of it.

I've installed to my 40GB IDE Drive, not SATA as I've heard too much stuff about corruption etc and my sata has all my data on it.

OS X does recognise my sata but It can't read either because they are in a RAID-0 Array (and os x does not have the nvidia driver for nvraid) but I'm sure that if i took them out of the array OS X would be able to see them.