nForce4 SATA & MSI K8N Neo4-F

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Haven't been on insanelymac for a while just gotten back into the OS x86 thing.

It seems alot of progress has been made on the SATA drivers for nForce4 judging by Rammjets compilation thread.

I've had a look through some of the threads but I can't seem to find anything on my Motherboard (MSI K8N Neo4-F - Note this is NOT the platinum nForce4 Ultra Board, but just regular nForce4.) and was wondering of someone would know if SATA now works completely without corruption.

My Setup is in my sig, both my 160gb SATA drives are Seagate Barracudas in a RAID-0 Array.

Thanks in Advance!

But the base chipset is nforce4, and the board just doesn't support sata2, etc, rigth?

Then perhaps you should try bikedude's/MeDevil's Darwin nForce4 ATA/SATA controller.

If you can't find confirmation in the thread, then just ask about that particular board, though I think the fact that you have the plain chipset is enough.

Best way to know is, well, to try it.

Good luck.

Yes that's correct, no SATA II and just the plain ol' nforce 4. I'm just slightly worried about trying it as pretty much all my data is on the SATA array, and should it get corrupted, well...I'd rather not think about it.

I'll try and borrow another SATA drive off a friend and see what happens.

Thanks cbmkgd!

does the nforce 430/410 work at all with the current drivers, or is that considered "mcp51"?

*edit *

nevermind, just verified that in linux by doing a "lspci |grep -i mcp51"

00:0e.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA Controller (rev f1)