Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External

16 posts in this topic

Ok, the sound card was successfully detected and works good, but not good enough. The problem I'm having is that after a random time of playing music the sound 'mutes' for a fraction of second (or more) and then resumes playing. This happens with iTunes, QuickTime and pretty much every software that produces sound (even Ableton Live).

I got tired of searching the forums only to find the same results every time, so please excuse me if this question was already asked. Thanks for your time!

• 3 weeks later...
geee... this is one helpful community... pffft

Great way to treat a community that is not obliged to be your own personal customer service rep. Tough luck that you have some problems with your hack, no point in "pffft"-ing. Everyone here has run into some sort of hardware incompatibility or issues that are not present in others' systems, looks like this is your own unique "bug".

And it does sound like a USB problem, one of the trickiest issues that many people are experiencing, even me. Sometimes USB works without any hitches, sometimes it wont. Try different ports or other PCI USB add-on cards if you have one, it might solve your problems.

There should be a statement along with the installation readme: Don't expect everything to work. It'll make life much easier for you.

Great way to treat a community that is not obliged to be your own personal customer service rep. Tough luck that you have some problems with your hack, no point in "pffft"-ing.

Well, but it looks like it was the only way to get some answers :hysterical:, 3 new replies for being a troll. not bad eh?... Anyway, I didn't mean to sound that bad, english isn't my primary language so sometimes I fail to express myself.

Thanks for the tips!

Hello

I have one equal and it is working perfectly, the version that I have installed is 10.4.5. Maybe you have problems with your Creative live hardware?

BSR :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm waiting for this same usb unit to arrive to fix my mic problems with my on board audio (sigmatel 9274). I ordered it because so many people have reported successful experiences.

...and BTW, I think "geee... this is one helpful community... pffft" translates the same way in pretty much any language.

Sorry ertz, you're either unlucky, have bad luck, made the wrong choices in your hardware purchase, made a mistake in your 10.4.8 install, your mobo's usb is having problems, your USB not running at full speed, irq probs or your SB Live USB is defective. Mine's working fine with no glitch whatsoever.

Did you get someone else to listen to the glitch just to confirm that it is really happening? Is the glitch happening after a clean install? Why don't you post your PCs specs? That might help us help you.

I too own this card. My onboard sound was detected but it did not prodcuce any sound. Soo, i was just like lets search the wiki to find an external card that will work flawlessly.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...4.8#Sound_Cards

I found that one, and installed it. No issues at all except when i plug in a pair of headphones or a mic, i have to manually move the slider in os x to mute and bring it back up to unmute i. The volume scroller does not work on the top of the unit for me, except for the mic.

Now as far as that whole sound stopping thing, that happened to me maybe all of twice since i got it, but its not happening enough to bother me. I think it may be your hardware specs in combination with your install.

Im running a Dell 4600 with Pentium 4 (no HT) and 1.25 of SD ram. x700 pro ati (no qe,ci) card, 1 SATA drive and 3 IDE drives. I get minimal problems out of it.

• 1 year later...

I've got the same soundcard. It works, but two front speakers only. Any idea how to make 5.1 sound working?

In Utilities - Audio Midi Setup - Configure speakers - Multichannel - there si just Stereo chice accessible.

I've got MacMini with Mac OS X 10.5.5

Thnx Jindra