Will OS X work on this?

john_st

9 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

This is my first post on this forum. I'm totally hooked on the OSx86 project and since I have to replace my ageing 6 year old PC I was thinking of putting OS X on it. Since I'm sort of short on cash this is my configuration

CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ BOX,socket AM2, Brisbane, 1900MHz, 1024kb cache., HTT 1000Mhz, 65nm

MB ECS AMD690GM-M2, sAM2, AMD 690G

RAM PC-6400, 1024MB, DDR2, KINGMAX, 800 MHz (2x)

HDD HITACHI HDT722516DLA380 160GB SATA300 7200rpm 8MB cache

OPTICS DVD+RW/-RW/RAM LG GSA-H12L Dual Layer, LightScribe, 18x, bulk

Is this a good enough configuration to run OS X?

I read on this forum that 10.4.9 seems to cause many problems and I think I'll be ok with 10.4.8. What do you suggest what should I download to do the installation? I'm thinking a clean OS X install. No dual or triple boot. I came across this page.

Is this a good guide? I obviously need a lot of help so please do!

Your specs are definetly fast enough. Watch out for hte SATA Hard Drive. Most builds seem to be very picky installing on them. I could not get my box to detect my SATA HDD at all and I got other errors installing from a SATA DVD drive. Once I changed them all over to IDE it worked.

From what I understand you want the JAS 10.4.8 install. It seems to very very stable and works with most hardware. That is what im installing now on my AMD box.

Good Luck!

HI Kevins19

This about SATA and IDE Harddrives, if for some unforseen reason my OSx86 project fails and I end up using XP (i hate Vista) would the type of my Harddrive influence the overall speed of my PC?

Yes. I think I need the JAS 10.4.8 install. Do you know of a good step by step guide for this?

How is your installation coming along?

so should i abandon AMD completely or just get a ATA harddrive?

anybody?

and if possible, could someone give me a link to a torrent for the newest Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso please