Please HELP ME!

17 posts in this topic

At the first sorry for my bad english....

I install universal Mac OS 10.4.8 from jas for amd,intell,sse2,sse3.

All of my hardware working perfect!!! But I have a big trouble with sapphire's x800 gto!!! I install the callisto 008 and it's working perfectly too.

But I trying to enable QE/CI for two weeks. All patches, such as koverg's patch, katana, all in one won't workin. After installation of patches I see after reboot or nothing (without changes) or coloured stripes or coloured display with and sometimes a cursor.

So can you help me with enabling QE/CI?????

My video adapter is Sapphire ATI Radeon x800 gto with Dev ID 0x554f

Did you read callisto's FAQ and follow his direcions?

# How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin/ (XXXX depends on your card model). Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB, update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, then reboot.

hecker

thanks, but I already use Jas release with incl. ppf1...i think that the qe/ci working when i see the coloured screen....I doesn't try only one metod that I think must work..it is flashing my bios of video card for x800xt, but anyone can write normal manual for flashing (i am afraid.and haven't floopy)

sorry for my bad english

The only way I was able to get my X800 working was to follow the directions for Callisto using the ATIRadeon9700.kext and ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin from 10.4.4. The ones from 10.4.8 do not work.

First, remove anything you've installed already, like the koverg and katana you mentioned (including the files I sent you). Reboot, then follow the directions for Calliso here. Reboot and make sure you have resolution support. You won't have QE/CI at this point, but one step at a time. If you have resolution support, then install the two files I gave you and reboot again. You should have QE/CI support now. You're using the same JaS image as me, and have the same graphics card with same device ID as me, so it should work.