Leopard Install

54mbps

15 posts in this topic

I REALLY need some help.

I downloaded the leopard beta (torrent) (9a410) and It will not install on either of my computers (PPC iMac G5 and Macbook 1GB Ram) I have used toast, disk utility, bootCD and CCC, but nothing works. Every Time i try and install, it just comes up with that white screen with the white spinnin logo on it. I Think my dvd is not bootable (system prefs said it was)

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

If you have an external Hard drive, restore it to that via disk utility (an iPod will do...but make sure the iPod is backed up) and boot from that. This is the best, quickest, and easiest way!

Well.. Spinning logo? Are you sure you downloaded that BETA, or someone fooled you by uploading some animation as a leo torrent...

Since I am ADC user, I would recommended:

Internal HDD either (PCC or Intel ---> same thing!) and one External HDD w/ two partition image --->

One partition are used for "Restore" w/ full leopard install, other larger partition are usually

for 1st install and bunch of testing before 2nd install to your main HDD...

No DVD-DL or some sort till the final!

I know that this has probably been posted before but how do you install via External HD?

Thanks

Ok you will want to use Disk Utility.app and "Restore" from "Source: leopard_client_9a410.dmg" for example to the "Destination: into the small partition of your External HDD".

Go to System Preference/Startup Disk and select the small partition of your External HDD then click restart to boot.