Install Error...

SaNChEzZ

6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

So I'm trying to install 10.4.8 and it craps out about 1/4 of the way through the 'Essentials' installation. I'm trying to run it now with the -x command and hopefully that will fix the problem... Any suggestions? I don't really know how to check any logfiles since this is all new to me.. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ah, thank you.

So it says:

bomfatalerror: cpio ewad error: bad file format

Install Error: Some files for 'Essentials' may not have been written correctly.

I'm assuming this is telling me to re-burn the DVD I'm using for this project, correct?

I'm assuming this is telling me to re-burn the DVD I'm using for this project, correct?
Seems so. Use quality DVDs. I have good experiences with Verbatim and TDK's. Also, burn the DVD with the slowest possible speed.

Cheers,

hecker

Yeah I'm using Verbatim disks, will burn at slowest speed this time round. Thanks!

Edit: Still nothing, bad .iso maybe? I really don't want to re-download it as it took me like a week :\ Stupid lack of peers.

Edit again: I have 10.4.6 on DVD burned with a Mac (Thus making it HFS+) that wouldnt work before. Now that my drive is formatted in HFS, I'll try that. But no luck so far :(