XSkey is not recognized under OSX86 10.4.6...

leopard2003

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

This is my first time posting a question but I've gained all my info about OSX86 from this forum so I've been viewing for a while. I hope this is a simple fix since this is why I bought the parts to put together an OSX86 box. I bought Logic Pro 7.2 a few months ago and love it. I've been using it on my iBook g4 (1ghz 768 mb ram) and learned about OSX86. I built a custom Pentium 4 with 2gb of ram to simply run Logic Pro. I downloaded the Jas 10.4.6 image and successfully installed it. I've had all the other minor problems with this install (ac97 onboard audio, had to edit screen resolution) but works pretty well. Anyway, I've now installed Logic Pro but the XSkey is not being recognized by my USB bus. All my usb ports are working fine and have been tested using external harddrives. So my question is: How do I fix this XSKey problem? I've looked and looked for days to try and find a fix but i can't. So any help would be appreciated. I thought about downloading another image (like 10.4.8) and working with that or buying a PCI USB card to try. Anyway, please give me some advice if you can. Thanks in advance.

Henry

I can't be of much technical help but just for a hint, I'm running Cubase 4 and the Steinberg USB dongle was recognised straight away in 10.4.7 (that's the first OSX86 version I installed it in). I'm on 10.4.9 now and never had an issue. At least, this indicates that there's no systematic problem with hardware dongles.

I suppose your best bet is to try it with 10.4.8 and the 8.8.1 kernel - or even 10.4.9.

good luck

That is what I've heard. Synthology told me that Logic is runnig flawlessly on his 10.4.8 install so I'm in the process of getting it. Thanks for the replies. I'll post how it goes once I get 10.4.8 installed.

Henry

Alright... So I've installed the JaS 10.4.7 iso and have the same problem. My Logic XSKey and my Mbox 2 mini are not recognized at all. I have no idea what the problem is. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be my motherboard? My USB ports will support an external harddrive but do not recognize anyting else. Here are my system specs:

PCChips MB P23G

- VIA P4M800Pro Northbridge

- VIA VT8237R Southbridge

2 GB PC3200 RAM

Standard IDE harddrives

I'm stuck and can't figure out where to go next witht his project. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Henry

This will be the last time I comment in my own thread but I wanted to make sure you guys were updated on the progress in case someone else was having this same problem. I fixed it! I went to the Apple Developer site and downloaded the USB driver for 10.4.7 and re-installed it. It was something like IOUSBFamily package. So I reinstalled and rebooted and my XSkey and Mbox 2 mini was recognized. I'm currently installing Logic and have already finished the Pro Tools install so I have successfully installed 10.4.7 on my system. Thanks a lot to everyone on Insanelymac for compiling all this info. Now that I have an good install I will contribute positively to this board instead of just asking questions. Thanks guys.

Henry