Sata HD (nforce4 chipset) isn't recognize by OSX

kabello

8 posts in this topic

I have a HP Pavilion DV 9010US (AMD Turion 64 X2, Nforce4 chipset and a geforce 6150).

I'm using JaS 10.4.8 AMD PPF1+PPF2 version and my sata hard disk isn't recognize by OS.

I tried with Acronis to set partition type as 0xAF (ShagOS Swap) and FAT32 but it didn't work, my sata hd still isn't recognize by OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! I have a custom dv9000z.

- AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-60(2.0GHz/512KB

- 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1680x1050)

- 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600

- HP Microphone + Webcam

- 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x1GB)

- 160 GB 5400 RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (80 GB x 2)

- LightScribe DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer

- Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN & Bluetooth

When I enter the disk utility, it does not see my SATA hardrives. I have tried formatting the partition i want to use with Fat32 and unformatted and it doesn't seem to see the HD's. I'm also using JaS 10.4.8 AMD PPF1+PPF2

I CAN NOT FIND SOLUTIONS!! ANY HELP?

It's because there are no OSX installations-cd:s that actually include the Nforce4 SATA-kext in the kextcache on the cd.

What this means is that you will only get Nforce4 SATA-support after installation, in other words you have to install to a PATA-drive first and either choose to install the Nforce4 SATA-driver (if you have patched your installation-medium to include this) or install the Nforce4-kext afterwards and then clone your entire installation over to the SATA-drive. Can't get any easier say? ;)

Not true! I have a 3 sata hard drives with an nforce4 motherboard working 100%. Downloaded the TubGirl OSX 10.4.8 disk. Then patched the nforce 4 sata drivers. Works like a charm! Do a search for nforce4.. you'll find the solution.