fully working nvidia 7950gt oc

drunknbass

14 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say thanks to gotoh for the help, i got a fully working bfg tech nvidia 7950gt oc 512mb vram working pretty easily, will full qe/ci 2dacceleratrion dual monitor support, everything!.

go here if you are intrested.

http://www.macvidia.com/index.php?option=c...mp;topic=1082.0

the flash was cake, it was harder trying to figure out how to set up my usb thumbdrive as a boot disk. haha. i finally have a fully working system.

Guest Ramm

Not to interfere, but I would say Natit has much more support. Congrats anyways, I see macvidia has worked well for you.

Oh yeah, and do you have the edited files by chance? :P I wanted the 7950 BFG card from newEGg to begin with. Now that I can have it I'm gonna get it and it'll justify my lack of an 8800 card.

the card is factory overclocked. its the 512mb version bfg tech 7950gt oc pci express

all you do is reflash it with the modified rom and it still works the same in windows/linux but now will work in osx with standard drivers.

all i did was make sure i had no nvidia kexts so i deleted my titan and natit and geforce and anything related to nvidia (if you dont your system wont boot with the 512mb card installed)

so then when you boot itll boot with generic resolution and the card will be generic, but you can check your device id of the card, then install these files and make sure to put your device id in the ones that ask you to

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35970

then get your usb stick ready with your dos boot and nvflash.exe and your modified rom and boot to dos and flash the new rom to your video card per instructions on macvidia link above. .. it is quick and after that your system will boot into osx and be fully functional (10.4.8) with all 512 mb qe/ci 2d accel and all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what version of Mac OS X are you using, I'm trying with Uphuck 1.3, I can only get into OS X if I remove NVDAResman, I've added my device ID to Geforce.kext, NVDAREsman.kext and NVDANNV40hal.kext, and used natit 0.2, that got me past the restart computer screen (while having NVDARESman.kext installed) but lead to a black sreen. I have an XFX 7950GT and I have falshed it so Darwin bootup detects it as 512MB, my device ID is 0x0295, I'd love to get this running

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...