Is that a problem?

10 posts in this topic

Your system shouldn't die but does it know its a Core 2? If so your fine, because speedstep or w/e it's called to run your system with lower power. If it says its a PD your fine, if it says something stupid like Athlon 64 then you might be in trouble, but I wouldn't worry about it. (I do have a E6600 but it detects it as "2.4 GHz Intel® Core2 CPU". Your prob fine.

Ok i will try now!

Well, now I has desactivated the speedstep, but OSX detects my overclocked CPU @ 3,4Ghz , like a 1,8Ghz.

Do you know any program like CPU-z for OSX? Something that say the actual speed of CPU in any moment.

I has made benchmarcks and I am not convinced with the results

I updated to 10.4.9 and got this problem. This is how I fixed it:

Try booting up to the boot loader (F8). Then type in "fsb=(your front side bus speed divided by 4)". This worked for me.

An example:

My over clocked FSB speed is 1380 MHz. (You find that by going to System Profiler -> Hardware -> Bus Speed. Just make sure that it is in MHz)

I divided that by four and got 345.

Then I booted up with "fsb=345".

If this works, report back and I will explain to you how to make this permanent.

Ok!! I has fix it adding line <string>fsb=371</string> in com.apple.boot.plist, is ready!

That is awesome! I am glad it worked out. Your performance is good too. Also, it is good that you were able to figure out how to make it permanent yourself (I was out of town and not able to reply, sorry).

It is always better to learn these types of things on your own.