check out my site! good or bad?

16 posts in this topic

Hi all, just looking for you web developers opinions. What do you think of my site? Is it boring? Is it easy to navigate, could it use some touch up? etc.

It was built with Illustrator to create the layout. Then I used Photoshop to cut and format the site. Then it was pieced together within Dreamweaver.

The forum is phpbb based, and the gallery was created with Simpe Viewer. The site was made for me and my fellow Scion xB (Toyota bB in Japan) enthusiasts. I'm a car fan and I like bringing car lovers together, so thats what the website is all about. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.bbsquad.net

Thanks.

really nice.. I like the rounded corners, top image is sweet..

but i do have a couple of points:

- add some spacing in the main frame. text is too close to the border.

- on pages without the spotlight bar the content-frame should be as wide as the top bar.

- spotlight and forum should open in parent window.

but great design.. i like it

Guest Ramm

Is this some sort of gaming clan, or just a group of people that hang out with each other or something? It seems to be about cars, so maybe some type of background image?

Hi all, just looking for you web developers opinions. What do you think of my site? Is it boring? Is it easy to navigate, could it use some touch up? etc.

It was built with Illustrator to create the layout. Then I used Photoshop to cut and format the site. Then it was pieced together within Dreamweaver.

The forum is phpbb based, and the gallery was created with Simpe Viewer. The site was made for me and my fellow Scion xB (Toyota bB in Japan) enthusiasts. I'm a car fan and I like bringing car lovers together, so thats what the website is all about. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.bbsquad.net

Thanks.

heres the answer.

The way I started to learn web design was by viewing the source code on misc. pages to understand what did what. After understanding the way stuff worked, I began making sites within Dreamweaver. Then I used Photoshop to make images for the sites. I moved on to Illustrator to design the sites first, then cut and fit them into Dreamweaver through Photoshop. I've made... tons of sites. None of them are complex or have tons of code. I'm not a website guru, so I dont know all types of website codes like css or anything that advanced. I'm still building everything in html with the addition of php for forums.

Nice website. I really like the rounded corners and style.

One thing I would add, would be rollover images or text on the nav bar. People tend to like websites to interact with, and they are very easy to do.

thanks for the feedback guys. im prolly gonna revamp the site soon.. especially since i got a new imac. my imac destroys the box in my sig... by a lot. CRAZY fast. i didnt relalize what i was missing... im so stoked.