Will this work?

skyliner34

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am downloading a iso called '10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd-PATCHED.iso'. Will following this instructions to install natively work? >> Instructions

I dont think I need to download the patches or UltraISO.

My CPU is a Athlon 64 3200, only SSE2. I dont know if it's got PAE or NX, it's the 754pin 'ClawHammer' chip. I have a nforce 3 chipset.

I'm also downloading Apple.OS.X.x86.10.4.Generic.Install.DVD. So I dont know which one to use.

Thanks guys

Sky

Hi,

I am downloading a iso called '10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd-PATCHED.iso'. Will following this instructions to install natively work? >> Instructions

I dont think I need to download the patches or UltraISO.

My CPU is a Athlon 64 3200, only SSE2. I dont know if it's got PAE or NX, it's the 754pin 'ClawHammer' chip. I have a nforce 3 chipset.

I'm also downloading Apple.OS.X.x86.10.4.Generic.Install.DVD. So I dont know which one to use.

Thanks guys

Sky

Hi,

Well my friend, if you haven't installed osx86 before, i recommend you that install 10.4.1, after you can try another version. You decide what you want, but i have listened several people having troubles with 10.4.3(many more than with 10.4.1). You can use that file (the last one that you talked about), but you'll need a DVD burner to install it and some patchs or prepatch your DVD.

Hi thanks for your reply.

In the readme for the 10.4.Generic.Install.DVD, it says:

This release includes the following

* TPM (Trusted Platform) Crack

* Maxxuss v0.4.1 mach_kernel SSE3 emulation

* Modified boot files so installation can happen on most Generic x86 PCs

So can I install it using VMWare by using Daemon tools to create a virtual drive using the iso?(by following xplodenet.com instrustions)

I'm gonna unistall the patches that comes with it, and install newer ones from maxxuss site. And install the 10.4.2 application patch. And then maybe the 10.4.3 patch, depends if everything works fine.

Also what format must the HDD be where I'm gonna install OSX x86?. The blank HD i'm gonna use is pre formatted NTFS. Does VMWare or OSX re format a little partition?

Thanks again

Sorry if some of the Questions sounds dumb, but i'm new ;)

Sky

P.S. Does OSX now read NTFS disks?

OSX has always read ntfs disks (just not written to them).. Your best course of action would be to try maxxuss' latest patch on your 1099 dvd. with the added viaata .kext , it may support your config. imho

if your disk setup prohibits native dvd boot & install, by all means use vmware, but dvd boot is easier.

Regardless which version you install, you need to have the disk setup beforehand, unless you intend to format the whole disk during macos setup. In this case, just chose hfs + (mac os extended) in disk util.

to set up your partition beforehand, use a partitioning tool fo your choice to create a primary partition type af(=mac os partition).

OSX has always read ntfs disks (just not written to them).. Your best course of action would be to try maxxuss' latest patch on your 1099 dvd. with the added viaata .kext , it may support your config. imho

if your disk setup prohibits native dvd boot & install, by all means use vmware, but dvd boot is easier.

Regardless which version you install, you need to have the disk setup beforehand, unless you intend to format the whole disk during macos setup. In this case, just chose hfs + (mac os extended) in disk util.

to set up your partition beforehand, use a partitioning tool fo your choice to create a primary partition type af(=mac os partition).

Ah ok,

But i'm not going to use 10.4.3 yet, i'm gonna try 10.4.1 first.

From what I understood from your reply, I can boot the dvd from dos, is that right? If thats the case i'll use OSX to format the whole drive. Or is that just for 10.4.3?

Aslo whats viaata .kext?, is it something to do with via, if so, I havent got any via stuff on my computer, it's nforce.

Thanks again

sorry, yes the viaata kext is for via chipsets, not nforce.. I get them mixed up..

you don't boot the dvd from dos, you boot it from the dvd-drive. if you don't have access to a dvd-writer, then the vmware method is for you.

sorry, yes the viaata kext is for via chipsets, not nforce.. I get them mixed up..

you don't boot the dvd from dos, you boot it from the dvd-drive. if you don't have access to a dvd-writer, then the vmware method is for you.

Ok, hmm, I do have a Pioneer DVR 106 Writer. How do I boot it from the drive? Do I jus pop the burned dvd in and it comes up automatically or something.?(sorry Winodze user here ;) )

Thanks for your help

In short, yes. you may need to adjust the boot order in your BIOS, but essentially, it is the same as when you boot from your windows installer cd to install windows. note that you need to apply any patches before burning the disk.

In short, yes. you may need to adjust the boot order in your BIOS, but essentially, it is the same as when you boot from your windows installer cd to install windows. note that you need to apply any patches before burning the disk.

Ah ok, it's starting to make sense. So I boot my 10.4.1(not 10.4.3, will download that at a later time) dvd from the BIOS like windows.

EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA

Thanks

Sky

Edited by Metrogirl