Independance for Scotland?

Scottish Idependance  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Independance for Scotland?

• Yes
    • No

8 posts in this topic

Just for any British folks out there - what do you think of idependance for Scotland?

The Scottish elections happen on the 3rd of May, and if the SNP win, they will hold a refferendum for idependance.

What does everyone think on the subject?

Personally, I think it's b :P t. Scotland is i deficit, we would just suffer if we became idependant.

What are your views?

If the money from North Sea oil and the scottish fishing industry were to come to scotland, rather than the british treasury, i think we'd be in a far better position. not to mention the possible rejuvination of the coal mining industry, steel industry or shipbuilding industries, which were largely scrapped by thatcher.

im not 100% either way on the subject to be honest, but i dont think the argument that we couldnt be self-supporting holds any water, frankly.

but hey, good call on the poll :P

As somebody who feels half British, I voted no because I believe that Scotland, having already a good degree of devolution, could be worse off with independence. And surely you don't want to be a foreigner when you go to Cumbria, Manchester or Blackpool :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not British, but I think any people should have self-determination / self-rule if they want.

That's the thing though, we have an identity, but the SNP seems to think we need idependance.

People always go on about freedom for Scotland. Since when are we being lead by a dictator?

Yes! for goodness sake, make yourself independent from NTL customer phone service in the rest of Britain ;)

But seriously if you think about it, such a project would cost you mates up there an arm and a leg. More than financing the money quicksand pit London...