nForce 4 + SATA

Panik

10 posts in this topic

On my nForce 4 install, I disable my SATA adapters and run Mac OS X off an IDE drive. Some of the nForce 4 history of corrupting file systems made me paraniod to expose my 960GB RAID 0 set to Mac OS X until there is a reliable driver.

That's my 2 cents, YMMV.

.:diatonic:.

• 3 weeks later...
On my nForce 4 install, I disable my SATA adapters and run Mac OS X off an IDE drive. Some of the nForce 4 history of corrupting file systems made me paraniod to expose my 960GB RAID 0 set to Mac OS X until there is a reliable driver.

That's my 2 cents, YMMV.

.:diatonic:.

wait, what's that? My OSX is installed on a dedicated EIDE drive, but I have all of my SATA drives exposed to Max OS X via the nforce4 SATA patch (see sig for specs). I have pulled files across, etc. Is this dangerous? Could this corrupt my SATA drives by chance?

I use OS X 10.4.8 on a Nforce 4 SATA rig, just use a TubGirl DVD with a Medevil sata patch. :)

Search 10.4.9 PPF on the TPB May 06

10.4.8 DVD by TubGirl on TPB

MeDevil PPF SATA patch on these Forums

Apply the SATA PPF then 10.4.9 PPF then Burn and Install.

Please pm me where can I get the TubGirl DVD because its nowhere to be found ..

I tried a couple of times installing OSX on my SATA nF4 and doesnt work after installation =\

SO I guess I have to re-connect my IDE to use OSX.

Thanks

I have all of my SATA drives exposed to Max OS X via the nforce4 SATA patch (see sig for specs). I have pulled files across, etc. Is this dangerous? Could this corrupt my SATA drives by chance?

bump on this question, read earlier to see context...

The best info you could have on the nforce4 SATA patch is in the specific popular thread that talks about it, in the Hardware/Drivers subforum.

This patch has been out for quite some months already, and those with nforce4 that have used the patch should have gotten error messages since then if there was a problem.

If it hadn't been so stable for so many, myzar wouldn't have included it in this 10.4.9 ppf.

Of course, there is always a risk with hacked kexts, in unforeseen situations, just as there is in general with all hackintosh related matters. By reading other's experiences in the above thread, you get a good idea about what works and what doesn't, even though it's a long thread to read.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I just reinstalled on my 80gb IDE drive, because i can install on my satas but it wont boot up .

Now my backup sata is not even showing up as drive thats wehre I have all my files what can I do ?