Can't boot on laptop

Paulo Greimel

19 posts in this topic

Hello.

Well, really need help. Just bought my notebook a few days ago and put my dvd of Mac OS X86 10.4.6 JaS and I just see the apple grey screen for less than a second and then it reboots. I tried almost everything (-v, -f, -x, -s ...). Tried to change settings in the BIOS, nothing.

Tried to install using VMWare in a real partition, installed normally, but it don't boot. Any ideas? About VMWare, when i boot the installation dvd using "guest system" FreeBSD it says: "*** Virtual machine kernel stack fault (hardware reset) *** The virtual machine just suffered a stack fault in kernel mode. On a real computer, this would amount to a reset of the processor. It can be caused by an incorrect configuration of the virtual machine, a bug in the operating system, or a problem in the VMware Workstation software. Press OK to reboot virtual machine or Cancel to shut it down." I changed the guest system to Windows NT and booted, installed, but don't boot out of VMWare. Can someone help. Just discovered that my wireless card has support for Mac OS X86 (Realtek RTL 8187 Whoa).

Thank you folks.

Paulo Greimel

P.S.: Notebook specs:

Intel Celeron M (Yonah) Processor 410/420/430/440/450

(1.46/1.6/1.73/1.86/2.0GHz, 65nm, FSB533, 1MB L2 cache, uPGA478)

VIA VN800 + VT8237R-plus

ne changeable 12.7mm(H) DVD-ROM&CD-RW Combo / Dual DVD

One changeable 2.5" 9.5mm(H) PATA HDD

More here http://www.clevo.com.tw/products/M540S.asp

Ahn, another thing, the cpuz specs are attached, on the "Instructions it says SSE3, in my other pc appears the same thing but if i install the SSE3 pacth I get the HFS+ Error. What patch to install SSE2 or SSE3.

cpu_1463.bmp

It sounds like its the actually disc itself (either the image you burned it form or the dvd media itself.) I've had this problem myself a couple of times.

You can try burning it to a different brand/type of dvd-r. I think going ahead and getting 10.4.8 would be your best bet though.

My brand new Mac OS X 10.4.9 is supposed to arrive next week, what do you think? The version: Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip], the kernel I think it's the 8.9.1, the most recent. Do you think that worth? Thanks

Paulo