Getting ATI X1600 to work

roman3of23

9 posts in this topic

I'm really sorry I had to post this. I looked everywhere to find instructions on how to get this card working. I recently bought it because I read somewhere in this forum that it's fully supported by 10.4.8 JAS.

So when installing OSX I marked the ATI x1x00 driver, which didn't work. I then installed Diabolik's X1600 driver from his site. Repaired permissions like it asked me to. Rebooted, same kernel panic.

I reinstalled OSX86 without any graphics drivers, installed the "http://installers.dl.am/" universal driver. No difference...

I have an AMD 3000+ an ATI Radeon X1600 PCIe 256. The problem is, there are so many people who say they have this card working with full CI & QE working, and I have yet to see how they managed to get it working... I had allot of hope for Diabolik's driver, but no luck and no real strait forward instructions. I'm hoping the reason no one has posted instructions means I'm missing something stupid. ;)

I'm really sorry I had to post this. I looked everywhere to find instructions on how to get this card working. I recently bought it because I read somewhere in this forum that it's fully supported by 10.4.8 JAS.

So when installing OSX I marked the ATI x1x00 driver, which didn't work. I then installed Diabolik's X1600 driver from his site. Repaired permissions like it asked me to. Rebooted, same kernel panic.

I reinstalled OSX86 without any graphics drivers, installed the "http://installers.dl.am/" universal driver. No difference...

I have an AMD 3000+ an ATI Radeon X1600 PCIe 256. The problem is, there are so many people who say they have this card working with full CI & QE working, and I have yet to see how they managed to get it working... I had allot of hope for Diabolik's driver, but no luck and no real strait forward instructions. I'm hoping the reason no one has posted instructions means I'm missing something stupid. :)

Try this old ati lnstaller . Link remove by me, if you need it send PM.

HTH

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...