OSx86 on Acer Aspire 2025wlmi

Schiff

11 posts in this topic

I have installed JaS OSx86 10.4.8 w/ppf1 & ppf2 on my Aspire 2025Wlmi, with dual boot along side Windows XP. The system specs are as follows: Centrino 1.8Ghz, 1.25GB Ram, Ati Radeon 9700 Pro 128, 100GB Seagate 7200 RPM HD, Bluetooth, Intel 2200BG.

When I boot to OSx86 I get the Mac load screen. Then when it seems like it should be loading into OSX the screen goes completely black and disk activity stops. I have tried installing two ways, with the Nvidia and ATI Support package and without. Does anyone have suggestion? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I think the problem is in ati drivers. Try to boot in single user mode and delete all /System/Library/Extensions/ATI* Files, then delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Then you can boot in normal mode, but your screen will not support QE. Just install Normal Ati Drivers (you can find them in forum threads - Calisto). Good Luck.

Sry 4 my english..

So now the computer shows the gray load screen. Then it plays music (im assuming as it would be loading into OSX). I never get anything displayed past the gray screen however.

How would I go about installing drivers from this point? Is that the problem?

Thanks,

Chris

Don't select any of the Ati options in supported hardware during install. As they are meant for newer Ati cards and not the 9700. Don't select any of the Ati stuff on the DVD. My 9700 works right out of the box at a fixed resolution with QE/CI and OpenGL without selecting anything. The only thing you need to do is get rid of the mouse tear. An Ati 9600 AGP on my Asustosh reacted the same way. I'm pretty sure your 9700Pro will work similar.

You can set the proper resolution in the boot.plist file mentioned elsewhere.

also, you probably don't have sse3 on your centrino(if its a pentium m underneath--check your specs), so when you get past graphics you will need to patch your install if the disk did not explicitly say SSE2 only.

good luck

Thanks for everyones help. I have OSx86 Running Successfully now. I did not install any thing except the intel support.

Sound is working! I have the following problems.

Screen tear: I added <key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1280x800x32</string> to boot.plist. Im still getting the tearing and the resolution isnt changing.

WiFi: 2200bg Intel Wifi isnt working.

Any ideas on the above? I know I was told to install the callisto drivers but I cant find them as all the link seem dead. Can I solve the screen tear another way? Is the wifi possible? It seems like a lot of ppl cant make it work.

Thanks again for all the help and FAST responses!!!!

Update: I have my display running @ 1280x800x32 using the Callisto b005 drivers.

Now I just need to get Wifi and Wired LAN to work.

This is probably a stupid question but I will ask anyways. How do I tell if QE and CI are running?

Im still trying to get my 2200BG WiFi working. I installed the iwi2200 driver but it isnt showing up in the networking panel. I also cant figure out a way to make the bluetooth mouse start automatically.

Also im still wondering about my above question.