Can't update to 10.4.9

an4rew

4 posts in this topic

When i upgrade Jas 10.4.8 it says i am running 10.4.9 then i reboot and just before the grey loading screen i see a flash of green and laptop keeps rebooting.

I thought it might be the graphics driver for my x200 causing it so i did a fresh install and applied the patch straight after and same problem :P

Any idea's please?

Well could be a lot of things bios seting Max CPU Value limit it sould be disabled .

or it could be the kernel get 8.9.1

there’s a new 10.4.9 kernel that has auto-fsb detection and also fixes timing issues (clock going faster even if FSB was set). i suggest you all get it, it can be found on irc on server chat.osx86.hu and channel #1049 in the topic.

note: there are a few kernels, the one with HPET is the one i’ve been using, no problems at all.

once you have the new kernel, backup your old on in / with the following command:

sudo mv /mach_kernel /mach_kernel-backup

once you’ve backed up your kernel, move over the new one and fix permissions:

sudo mv ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /

sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel

reboot your system once you’re done, if for whatever reason it wont boot or you get a kernel panic, you can switch back to your old kernel by hitting F8 on bootup after BIOS messages and type :

kernel mach_kernel-backup

an4rew,

Let me know if you get this problem solved. I am having a similair problem with my x200 lappy. I get to the point where is should be loading the kernel and the machine just locks up. I have tried the following upgrade methods:

1. Original 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 using Tubgirl Test 1

2. Fresh 10.4.8 to 4.9 using Tubgirl Test 1

3. Fresh 10.4.8 to 4.9 using Myzar AMD SSE3 (since I do have an SSE3 AMD CPU)

4. Fresh 10.4.8 to 4.9 using Myzar AMD SSE2.

All result in the exact same hang at kernel load.