Need Help have legal os x discs but can't boot!

4 posts in this topic

hey, so my friend has a imac so i borrowed his os x installation discs but i can't get it to boot. More specifically i have a imac g5 mac os x installations discs. so im wondering if the problem is that these discs are just reinstall discs for apple computers or if its just i don't know what im doing and don't know how to boot from a disc. i have vista on a hp computer with a amd dual core 4200. Anyone have any suggestions?

Power PC discs (G anything) do not work for a hackintosh build unless you want to run a virtual pc. This hackintosh method only became a reality when mac switch to intel chips. And there really isnt a legal way to get a intel osx since they technically havent been released with the exception of restore cds that in most cases will not work on a hack either.

hey, so my friend has a imac so i borrowed his os x installation discs but i can't get it to boot. More specifically i have a imac g5 mac os x installations discs. so im wondering if the problem is that these discs are just reinstall discs for apple computers or if its just i don't know what im doing and don't know how to boot from a disc. i have vista on a hp computer with a amd dual core 4200. Anyone have any suggestions?

Stop right now and don't even bother trying to install OSX on your PC. Just stop.