Sata Install

bluestar

11 posts in this topic

This notebook I'm installing OSX on with dualbooting Vista. I come upon the install but it does not list any drives. Could it be, because the drive of the notebook is SATA? Last I heard drivers need to be installed before you use sata. Well if that's the case, is there any workaround for my case in getting it installed on a SATA?

SATA drives work fine, no drivers needed. Did you partition that drive? If not go ahead and make a partition for OSX to be installed and format to FAT32. You should now be able to see the drive when you boot up the OSX install disc. Now go to disk utility and you should see the FAT32 partition, click it and then click the ERASE tab and then where it says volume format, you want MAC OS extended (journaled). Then give it a drive name and click erase. It will erase anything on that partition and format it with MAC OS extended (journaled). Once done close out and continue with the install.

Good Luck,

Chevy

Hewlett-Packard - Pavilion Notebook with AMD Turion™ 64 X2 - Piano Black

That's the laptop I'm installing to. So it does have Vista on it. I'm making a Fat32 partition as we speak.

I gave up doing the regular boot process because the darwin loader would give a system library error not found and keep looping back, so I'm using VMware to install it

yes... this does not work. Only the DVD drive appears, like usual.

Ok you might want to install a program on windows to find out what chipset you have. You could try System Spec, WinAudit, Fresh Diagnose. All of these are freeware and sound like they will provide the info you need. The last one seems to be the most popular. Go to snapfiles to get them. Report back with any info.

Chevy

not sure how I find the chipset under Fresh Diagnose. I go under motherboard. Not sure what it would be under... am i looking for the MB vendor or model? If someone can tell me where to find out the chipset under Fresh Diagnose, that would be GREAT!

Yeah check for vendor or model number. Then go to vendors site and see if you can find it. Maybe try another program that might be more clear as to where things are. I've never used that program before. You may want to give motherboard monitor a try.

Chevy

Hello to All!!!

Can Help Me??? ) Very Important!!!

My Comp:

MB: MSI rs482m4 -IL (X200 chipset)

Video: Int.

Audio: Int.

HDD: Sata WD

DVD: Pineer PATA

CPU: Atlon 64 3000+

I try install Mac OS X10.4.8 "Tiger" [JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.patched.iso]

but .... still waiting root device...

is it because that i Have sata Hdd???

How can I Install Mac!!!

It's Very important!!!

P.S. sorry for My english)))

• 5 months later...