915P / 945P 10.4.3 8F1111 fixed all my problems

enb14

11 posts in this topic

What do you mean? Mine goes to the gray screen and then reboots, did your's just work NATIVE?

Yes I had the "picture problem with the first 10.4.3 but with 8F1111 I don't have any problems, now I can install it natively from the DVD without anything more than oah* files.

Which CPU / Chipset do you have?

How do you find the 8f1111 build running like this? others have found it highly unstable?

PowerPC appz doesn't works well with rosetta (waiting for a oah* for this release)

But everything else works flawless and faster than previous version.

PowerPC appz doesn't works well with rosetta (waiting for a oah* for this release)

But everything else works flawless and faster than previous version.

So you just applied the tpm patches for the previous build and used it to boot?

So you just applied the 8f1111 tpm patches and used it to boot?

I removed oah files with the ones for 8f1099, and now it boots natively, still no 100% rosetta but I'm waiting for the oah* specially designed for this build.

I removed oah files with the ones for 8f1099, and now it boots natively, still no 100% rosetta but I'm waiting for the oah* specially designed for this build.

Ahh, yeah that method allows for install (need PAE, XD, and SSE3 on your CPU I think though) on some systems, but would cause Rosetta problems.

So, I take it that you were having the problem of it telling you that you needed to restart when you tried to install? I am having the same problem. So all you did was take the .oah files from build 8F1099 and replace the .oah files in build 8F1111 with them? Which files are these? (Filenames). Thanks.

The hack of using the patched oah & oah750d files from 1099 in the /usr/libexec/oah of the 1111 dvd, whilst it works in order to install 1111 where it is otherwise impossible to install, is not really reckoned to be a solution to anything.. if it turns out it will install on hardware that rejects 1099, this is news...