Desktop Value?

RTA

5 posts in this topic

I have a setup I got from a buddy that i've been using for the past six months or so as my media center, but i'm going to be doing a bit of traveling soon and need all the cash I can get my hands on. The problem is, i'm not sure how much (roughly) it might be worth. Any advice would be great.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

AsusTek A8N-VM CSM mobo

4GB ram (4x1GB)

Seagate Barracuda ST3320620AS 320GB

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150

ATI All-in-Wonder 2006 PCI-e

2 fairly standard CD burners/DVD reader optical drives (Combo 52x32x52x and an older 48x24x48)

Internal Media Card readers (SM/xD, CF Microdrive, SD/MMC and a fourth, labeled 'Pro')

I'd say at most $400 from someone that knows very little about computers. That is a semi-fair price. On here though, you'd be lucky to get $300 since most people on here know that they coudl build that exact (minus the 4gigs of ram) machine for under $300 and have it be brand new.

The upside of it is the ram though, that may get a little more. Good luck if you decide to sell it.

I'm a pretty strict appraiser of things, but here goes.

$90 max for the processor

$90 max for the motherboard

$200 for the RAM unless they are high quality overclockers

$70 max for the Barracuda

$55 for the TV tuner

$90 for the all in wonder

$35 max for the cd drive and card reader

total: $630, might be a little less depending on how old the stuff is.

I'd say at most $400 from someone that knows very little about computers. That is a semi-fair price. On here though, you'd be lucky to get $300 since most people on here know that they coudl build that exact (minus the 4gigs of ram) machine for under $300 and have it be brand new.

The upside of it is the ram though, that may get a little more. Good luck if you decide to sell it.

You can't build that for $300 new, the processor + motherboard + HD come to 300 without shipping...

You can't build that for $300 new, the processor + motherboard + HD come to 300 without shipping...

If you know where to look, you most certainly can. But hey, I just gave him my opinion. Yours differs and that is fine. It's probably better that it does so he can get an average.