ATVfiles

marenta

8 posts in this topic

Yes, I've read the instructions, im just wondering how u acces the preferences, it says in the readme: "The preferences can be set using the defaults command, such as:

defaults write net.ericiii.ATVFiles RootDirectory /mnt/Server" is that a terminal thing? BTW Im on a mac mini..

Marenta

you can also hexedit the binary to atvfiles.frappliance and change the username from frontrow to any 8 letter username

if your user name is less dont forget to add the remainder in 00's at the end of it

just copy, paste defaults write net.ericiii.ATVFiles into Terminal. then head to /library/preferences and open net.ericii.atvfiles.plist. then add sibling such as RootDirectory and others and give the values.

Since this thread is here: is it possible to run 2 copies of ATVFiles? Ive renamed and replaced the icon and replaced Movies.frappliance with it. Now the first item has the movies icon and says "Movies" but is actually ATVFiles. Is it possible to run a separate copy with a separate plist file? I know 2 copies work, but they both run off the same .plist file. is there any way I can change this so i can link to my TV shows as well?

I was wondering the same thing. I did some initial tests trying to copy an instance of atv files. played around with in the hex editor, but I'm no programmer, so it kept "mixing up" both instances. If you know what I mean.

Any thoughts on this anyone?