keyboard and mouse not working on install

speedy11309

2 posts in this topic

ok so im attempting to multiboot my computer with xp pro, vista ultimate, and mac os x 10.4.9. i have everything necessary to actually do it. the problem is when i attempt to actually insert the mac disc and follow the onscreen instructions, my mouse and keyboard completely stop working. ive tried a usb mouse, ps2 mouse, usb keyboard, ps2 keyboard and a combination of all of them so i left no combination untried of those 4. i know that theyre all working but for some reason, they will not work when i try to install os x. ive been following this guide: http://www.profit42.com/index.php/2007/04/...indows-machine/

i dont really know what else to do. ive searched the internet for hours and havnt found anything. so if anyone could please help, id greatly appreciate it. here are my hardware specs:

amd skt 939 4400+

1 gig (2x512) ocz el platinum rev 2

700mg's of hdd space(xp on an 80 gig partition, same with vista but on a different partition, and an empty 80gb one for os x)

dfi lanparty nfr sli-dr

I had the same problem with you but (this will sound crazy) i pluged my usb keyboard and usb mouse to a usb hub and they start working :D I dont know if its going to work with you but its working for me :)