Asrock 775 915GL and 10.4.3 ACPI problems

7 posts in this topic

To Anyone who has this motherboard, can you please post here as to whether your board is behaving correctly with ACPI in 10.4.3?

Two problems:

1: When machine goes into sleep mode (either by the power saving features of OSX, or by pressing the power button) causes a lockup, system cannot get out of sleep mode.

2: Doing a shutdown does not power off the system.

Im trying to get an idea of whether its just me, or is it an incompatibility with these motherboards.

Thanks in advance.

To Anyone who has this motherboard, can you please post here as to whether your board is behaving correctly with ACPI in 10.4.3?

Two problems:

1: When machine goes into sleep mode (either by the power saving features of OSX, or by pressing the power button) causes a lockup, system cannot get out of sleep mode.

2: Doing a shutdown does not power off the system.

Im trying to get an idea of whether its just me, or is it an incompatibility with these motherboards.

Thanks in advance.

My Gigabyte GA-8I915ME-GL with P4 630 would never do a restart with either 10.4.1 or 10.4.3. Shutdown used to work intermittently in 10.4.1 and doesn't work in 10.4.3. I never tried sleep mode.

Thanks for the reply, oddly the board I have worked perfectly with 10.4.1

Sleep/Shutdown/Reboot all worked flawless.

I have the same board. With 10.4.1 shutdown worked perfectly. Sleep mode did not. With 10.4.3 shotdown isn't working any more. :huh: Didn't try sleep mode.

On 10.4.1, sleep mode (if you are using a usb keyboard/mouse) had to be reawoken by pressing a key on the keyboard, moving the mouse didnt wake it up...

Someone suggested using the power button to reawaken the machine after its gone to sleep, gonna try that when I get home...as for shutdown...no answers yet...

Nope, power button didnt wake it, it looks like its locked solid... :)

Ya same here shutdown dos'nt shut case off never tried sleep mode.

The Sony DVD-rom dosn't work with cd's anymore only DVD. CD icon won't show and disk won't eject Couldn't get dvd movie to play yet.

FCP 5 install's fine but won't run " message about G4 required" where as before message displayed before and cancelled install. The lastest build could allow it to install and run native with the updated rosetta . Probably still needs A update for this. E:\macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg at 86% after approx 24hours.

Whats up with win2osx "oo much bandwith".

Special thanks To Maximus.