Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Laptop keyboard - special keys (@, end, scrup,...)

5 posts in this topic

I managed to get my laptop keyboard to work using:

"kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"

The German keyboard layout is working as well, but I cannot really get those special keys to work.

The most annoying thing is the "@"-symbol, you usually get it by pressing "AltGR" and "Q" (on a German keybord). But what also bugs me is that the "PageUP", "PageDN", "End" and "Home" do not work I would them expect to work. After 4 years of using Linux I am used to those keys, so I would like that "Pos 1" brings me to the beginning of a line and so on...

I have already tried to create a "Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict"-file, but it does not have any effect. Does anybody know, how to change the bahaviour of these keys and how to switch the strg, alt, and "win***s"-key?

Bringing this post back to live, I managed it to Install jas version on my asus a4k amd 64 3000+. But I have the same problem direx has. The function keys are not working, and I am missing the @ key. I had an ubuntu 7.10 installed befor and with ubuntu I have used all keys.

Does anyone know something on how to get these key to work?