Apple Studio DISPLAY? is it working? calibration

5 posts in this topic

Because of the lack of buttons and OSD on Studio Display's from apple you are not possible to setup any monitor features "except for brightness / contrast" on a PC different that macintosh... but on a normal mac G4 or G3 with OSX I'm able to setup all te settings of my display within the operating system... Can I do this with the new 10.4.3 ?

• 1 month later...

It is not working here, but that is because of the graphics card (GF6800GT) being unsupported. In order to properly detect the display, graphics card has to be operational plus I2C sub-system has to work as well.

I can confirm that on a 21" Studio Display, the entire set of preference panel options works *beautifully* (with one exception) on a Asus P5GD1-VM motherboard with built-in i915 graphics.

One trick: I either needed to plug in the usb before the monitor, or reboot, or something... once it recognized it, almost everything (even convergence, etc.) worked.

The only exception: To set ambient light levels, it wanted to do an auto-calibration. When I clicked to do so, it VERY ungracefully closed all apps and logged me out. If I manually calibrate, all is well.

mindslip