BAD AXE 2 OWNERS UNITE!

9 posts in this topic

OK here is my situation. I have badaxe 2 mobo, e6600 processor, nvidia 6600gt 2 gigs ocz ram, sata hd 300 gig running on a sony bravia 40 lcd

I am running JaS AMD INTEL sse2 sse3 ppf defiant (the most abundant torrent)

My problems sometimes when i boot, especially if the comp has been off for a while, the screen says resolution not supported. I have to hard reboot, and then it works. When i click on display under system prefs after reboot, the resolution jumps to 1024x576 for some reason. I guess my tv doesnt support this. What I dont understand is that I set the apple.boot.plist thing to force resolution to start at 1400x1050.

#2 sometimes when the comp has been on for awhile and I choose shutdown or reboot it will freeze. It does it randomly but when I successfully reboot and try to recreate the problem it wont happen again which led me to believe that it is a problem with how long the comp is on for.

I have set my bios to be under ACPI And IDE mode and it happens both ways. Right now I am using acpi.

so my questions, what is the best release to use for our mobo? I have read that the tubgirl AMD final works good on our board even though its intel. what is the best supported video card? also the most stable kernel for our specs?

thx

I'm running a Bad Axe 2 board as well but don't see those problems. Same install DVD but I replaced the kernel with the DaemonES variant, although I didn't have problems with the Semthex kernel included on the DVD. I'm using a 7600GT 256MB video card, runs great. When booting my screen will go black after the white apple for about 7-10 seconds but comes right up with the desktop. That's the only odd thing with video for me, and it isn't a problem.

can you point me to that direction (link to the subject, this will help me, thanks)

type "daemones kernel" in google, download the kernel, rename it to daemon and put it in your root directory

get the hdda patcher from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

during bootup of your computer hit f8 at the darwin osx screen

type in daemon at the prompt

get the right ktext sound file from the same thread as the hdda patcher

drag the sigmatel text into the patcher, repair permissions and reboot

• 2 weeks later...

Any Bad Axe 2 owners get full speeds across a network? My internet speed is fine but my network files transfers across a gigabit network are <1MB

Anyone fix this problem?

thanks.

p.s. haven't had any problems OP has, but my hackintosh doesn't wakeup if it falls asleep. And 1 out of 5 boots gets stuck