Authenticating a Mac into a Windows-based Proxy Server.

3 posts in this topic

Hello.

Once again, I have come to find help from the wisest Mac users there are.

Now, my school network is Windows based. I can connect to the network and I can access the INTRANET (which contains the webmail and moodle, our CMS, etc.), but I cannot get through the proxy to get onto the INTERNET.

I use DAVE X to connect to the shared drives on the server. I tried to get DAVE X to authenticate to the proxy with the NT credential, although it did not work. I also tried to authenticate using Authoxy using its authentication method, but that also did not work.

The built in authentication also does not work. The page I get whatever authentication method I try (or even if I try without authentication) is "Access Denied".

What I know is that the school uses WinGate or BlueCoat to handle proxy authentication and then they use WinProxy to censor material deemed inappropriate to be displayed in a school environment.

Hopefully we have some users here who are knowlegable in this area and can help me with this problem.

I thank you in advance.

Jeffrey

well not to hijack the topic or anything, but if anyone has done this before, or if anyone here simply uses a proxy server with their mac, do you find that it slows the internet down?